Friday 3 May 2019

SB9: Evaluation

For this quick brief, I decided to produce three outcomes with three different interpretations of the brief. The outcomes are different in terms of their style of design, the message they send out, and the t-shirt design in terms of placement and colour. I wanted to challenge myself by producing work in a different style than I am used to, having three submissions also higher the chance of being successful within the competition. The brief began with some research into t-shirt designs they have previously sold for campaign CoppaFeel - all of these designs were very illustrative by nature and included a lot of bodies, with this theme being diversity bodies are also relevant - but as they had been used a lot in that campaign I made a mental note and conscious effort to steer away in a different direction for my designs. From this point, I did some other visual research, whilst also looking at quotes around the theme of diversity, this inspired the initial sketches, which I then chose the three strongest and developed them. The biggest constraint of this brief was the fact you had to include their Pantone yellow within your design, for one of the designs 'primary heart' the colour itself has great meaning - in that the three primary colours can be used to make any colour, which is very relevant to the race aspect of diversity. However with the other two designs I simply concentrated on the message and design complimenting the shade. I have never done any clothing related design before but really enjoyed it, designs for t-shirts must be strong and eye-catching as they are such a blank canvas and I believe all three designs stand out and stand alone well. The competition aspect of the brief itself was a great driving force it wanting to complete strong work, in a short space of time and from the get go it was important to make quick decisions and experiment as much as possible before settling on the final ideas - in the time I had.  

No comments:

Post a Comment