Tuesday 18 April 2017

SB2 Design Development 02


I added a gin glass to the design to see if it would work with the idea of the botanicals floating around above however I don't believe there to be enough space and it makes the illustrations look too small - I have also questioned whether the style of the glass matches the other illustrations. 


Below are a few variations of the design I settled with in the end, I decided to go landscape as it draws most attention to the illustrations and is different to what most people would think of doing. I decided to change the words to 'mother's ruin' as this is a specific reference to gin rather than alcohol in general. 






I considered having the text at the start of the poster however this draws the attention away from the illustrations, whereas above u look from right to left and see the words at the end. It isn't important for the text to be seen first as if anything I would like people to wonder and figure out what the illustrations could add up to - leaving the 'gin festival' out of the poster keeps it mysterious yet celebratory of the contents. 


No comments:

Post a Comment