Wednesday 19 April 2017

SB2 Production


I started off the process by finding two screens that were available and stripping them using b strip and b solve, I then left them to dry for 15 minutes in the drying room before coating them in emulsion, leaving them to dry for a further 15 mins in the drying machine. I then prepared my negatives - the 2 a3 layers and put them on the exposure bed with the screens on top - set to 170.


I decided to use one colour for the block colours underneath the illustrations for the analogue print as economically wouldn't be practical to use 6 different inks for a one off print. I mixed some white, red and blue with the binder to create an ink to go with a black.


The initial prints didn't work too well and I thought it was down to my technique and ink mixing however after changing both of these the print was still no better which leads me to believe there was a problem with the screen in terms of the washing after exposing - I didn't do it thoroughly enough to produce a clear set of images to print through. So I therefore decided to amend my designs and go through the process again to get the result I wanted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment