Tuesday 26 September 2017

SB1 Research 01

Chosen subject: A photobook including facts and history on the subject of the photographs.
  • The target audience will be people thinking about going on a gap year or hoping to travel on holiday further than Europe, for perhaps a round the world trip. The book would also be of interest to people interested in the Eastern culture and history. As well as people interested in film photography and travel.
  • For research I can use both my parents and grandparents experiences of travelling to that side of the world, as well as the photographs they have from their time away.
  • As the guide will be more of a photobook it will include large and good quality images with a small amount of text on some of the pages. 
I have looked through numerous photo albums belonging to my parents and grandparents for photographs that I could use. My parents travelled through Singapore, Hong Kong, Bangkok and Bali for a few weeks in 1995 and saw a lot of interesting culture, recording a lot of it through photography. Two years later my grandparents did a round the world trip including New York and Australia but also visiting some of the same places as my parents, as well as Fiji.

I considered using photographs from all of their travels around the world, as the photographs are so full of colour and history as seen below:

NY

NY Twin Towers Skyline

NY

Fiji

However decided it would be difficult to go through so many different style photographs and colours from page to page. I do want to showcase a few different places including the best and most interesting photographs so therefore have decided to stick to photographs from mainly southeast Asia.

No comments:

Post a Comment