Monday 30 January 2017

405 Site Map

Below is a map I designed to show where the places are in my wayfinding system in relation to each other as well as in Leeds. The places are represented by their pictograms and the design of the map is in line with the aesthetic of the arrows used to point direction. Main roads are labelled to give a bit more indication of the whereabouts as I felt the design was quite basic - this however was purposeful. The design is quite contemporary and simplistic, avoiding a lot of detailing or strong shapes that add rigidness - it is an an indication of the interesting and fun events taking place, so they shouldn't be represented with geometric restrictions. The map is basic black and white as I think the colour scheme is underused and therefore stands out more, as well as having the ability to be timeless and not suggestive of anything leaving it open to subjective opinions. I used the typeface Gill Sans Regular as I believe it is very legible even at a small point size and suits the line drawing aesthetic of my overall wayfinding system.


No comments:

Post a Comment