Monday 23 January 2017

405 Wayfinding final crit

Below are the pictograms I decided on to show in the final critique, they either take something from the architecture of the building or a key aspect of the use of the building. 



The 8 places that I chose were purely for the fact that there were all quite close together on a map so that I could show their whereabouts.



Trinity Shopping Centre


West Yorkshire Playhouse


Leeds Art Gallery


Belgrave Music Hall and Canteen


Kirkgate Market


Leeds College of Music


Leeds Museum


o2 Academy Leeds

I also created a set of arrows using drawings shown previously, I thought these could be used next to the pictograms to show the direction of the attraction. The different colours could represent the different sections.



I got some valuable feedback from the final crit, some of the advice I will act on to improve my final designs and to develop my mock ups, some I will consider in my evaluation for future projects. Some suggestions listed below:
  • Adding the pictogram into the middle of the circular arrow
  • Using colours for the pictograms rather than the arrows
  • Dropping the pictograms for the College of Music and West Yorkshire Playhouse as they don't look coherent with the rest of the designs
  • Create an actual arrow shape using my patterns
I really agree with the comment about College of Music and WYP, I believe the reason they don't match is because they don't take from the architecture and don't have that line drawing aesthetic. I am also going to further develop the arrow idea and see what I can produce using Illustrator to merge drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment