Thursday 12 January 2017

405 Wayfinding Development 01

To start of the development of my way finding system after doing my initial research I decided to use ink and brushes to create some abstract lines and shapes. From this I got the idea of drawing using fine liners in a very fluid manner.





Below is the first line drawing I did, I thought it turned out well and continued to use the idea later on in my work after a little more experimentation. It really has the organic and free flowing look that I wanted my pictograms to have to try and make them not look dated in years to come.


I also experimented with copic ciao pens using the super brush end to see what kind of mark making and fluidity I could get. These drawings are very rough and were just to see what the pens could do; I may consider using them with my final designs once they are completed to add an extra something however believe the result is too thick for what I want out of my pictograms.









No comments:

Post a Comment