Tuesday 12 February 2019

SB8: Initial Ideas

The first step in creating something for this exhibition to create awareness about wildflowers/fungi was to decide on some visual elements. I decided to stick with wildflowers, rather than complicating the brief with the two different plants. Below are some initial continuous line drawings I did, they feature betony, daisies, lily of the valley, poppies and wild daffodils.







From here I scanned in all of these drawings and converted them into vector drawings using Adobe Illustrator. I used different effects with image trace, some of the drawings have thicker strong/ complete lines - with others lighter and broken.

 

I then thought about how all of these drawings of flowers could come together to produce one image. I did a bit of experimenting - see below. I used different colour combinations and layouts to try and produce a piece of artwork that could be hung in an exhibition space, celebrating the beauty of wildflowers.











No comments:

Post a Comment