Friday 14 October 2016

Studio Brief 01 - Logotype (Group Crit Feedback)

At the point of the crit I had done a lot of research into other companies - those that would be my competitors and decided on two different typefaces I would try and play around with.



This is my given word in the 6 different typefaces we were given, I think the first two options - Garamond & Bodoni look too mystic and fairytale like. The middle two being the most suitable - Century & Futura. Times Roman to me lacks character for a logotype it is more of a body of text option, and Helvetica is too neutral, with no strong characteristics.



Feedback:
  • An independent coffee shop to me says wine evenings, book launch parties etc, the logotype should be sophisticated and slick
  • The O's look a bit weird like eyes
  • Could you not think about maybe a tea house rather than coffee? It seems to go better
  • The 'n' must be on the same line as 'moo'
  • Think about a more rustic look
  • Consider tea leaf readings, palm reading etc
  • Afternoon tea cafe? High end bookings in London? There is a big audience for that
  • There is defiantly something in the Futura type a the bottom - the use of moons for the O's works well, experiment further with this typeface
I took all of this feedback on board and will work further with the Futura typeface rather than the Century as it gives a more contemporary feel, relevant to the target audience - younger generation. I think this crit could have been more beneficial if I had some direct questions to ask, but from it I learnt that the experimental O's in the Century typeface weren't working.

No comments:

Post a Comment