Friday 28 October 2016

Studio Brief 02 - Typeface Design (Study Task)

We did a few short tasks before our crit to get our minds going and creative thought processes before finalising what questions we wanted to ask our peers.
  1. Use a 3 by 3 grid to express your chosen adjective in a pictogram
  2. Note down your word and other relevant words and pass 4 places to your left, when you get a sheet use a 5 by 5 square to express their chosen adjective
  3. Pass to the left once and draw the letter A in 10 different styles to express their chosen adjective.
Although at first I thought this task was a bit pointless in terms of having not a lot of time to draw really bad (in my opinion) sketches using mainly diagonal, horizontal and vertical lines I found the final task really useful in exploring the meaning of words and how they can be interpreted in the smallest quirks and features of type.



Having not a lot of time for this task and restraints I drew the first things that came into my mind - a crown, a high heel shoe, money, cocktail glass, pearls and the British flag. I believe these are all things you'd relate to class, high fashion, and hierarchy.


This one is quite self explanatory of what the person was thinking, tradition and magic.


These are the results from someone drawing an A in a majestic style, I will definitely take inspiration from these results.


Finally these are the A options I did for someone else's' word, thinking about being isolated and alone I tried to use the shape, weight and layout to portray this.

No comments:

Post a Comment