Wednesday 19 October 2016

Studio Brief 01 - Logotype Development

After getting feedback from my peers in the group I continued to work on my logotype, experimenting with different kerning, upper/lowercase and incorporating the circle logo I created. I put the logos I believed most successful into context using mock ups:



So this features the simple logo using Futura, I extended the M glyph to act as the letter L which I thought worked well to keep the word flowing even though it is on 2 different levels. I also used the Moon shapes created out of the letter O's, I got very positive feedback from the crit about this feature so continued to use it. Although I like the way this one looks on the mug, it isn't really the feel I'm going for, the brand identity is supposed to present somewhere you stop by on the go. I think the darkness of the brown is too inviting and comforting, its sending the message come and relax here.


I tried the logo on a take out cup and in black to see if that made the difference however I think it made it too unapproachable, I could possibly try different colourways depending on the season:


This is something to consider and from here I can ask opinions in the final crit of what people think looks more suitable for a mid range coffee shop for students and young professionals on the go.


I then looked at this logo and thought it is more suitable for what I am trying to put out there - somewhere contemporary, simple and affordable that does good quality coffee/tea. I am very open to feedback on this, I want to know what vibe people get from the colours used and the simplicity of just the M, is it enough for people to identify the company.


I tried this logo on two different sized cups and I think it works really well on both of them - matching the cap lid to the colour I think brings the product all together, with the lighter brown being more practical that the dark in the way that it looks more appealing to drink from rather than a dark lid- if you look at most cup lids they are a very light colour or even white.


No comments:

Post a Comment