Tuesday 10 October 2017

SB1 Initial Ideas Critique

In this crit I presented my idea for the A-Z guide of Glastonbury to inform and enlighten people about the music festival. I discussed the size the guide will be, what it will include (information, photographs and illustrations) and asked for help with how it could be produced. Some of the feedback I got is below:
  • Consider experimenting with aspects of the festival in the production such as using tent material as the cover, or perhaps use patchwork to keep inline with the sign theme
  • Have the book so it can stand on its side in the shape of a tent and include page holders at each corner to act as guidelines
  • Don't focus too much on the Glastonbury branding
I appreciated the feedback and will definitely consider the feedback however believe the publication would be too expensive to produce using anything other than paper, the target audience are not going to want to spend a lot of money so the cost must be kept down. 

I also thought the comment on staying away from the Glastonbury branding was unjustified as I explained the relevance of the sign and why I am using it - diversity and the best view of the whole festival, this is the only aspect of the festival design I am playing on and even that I have reimagined in my own illustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment