Wednesday 18 October 2017

SB1 Production

I encountered a few problems when it came to the production of the booklet. Once I had all of the pages laid out correctly with all the information and pictures of correct quality I had to add in a few more pages so that I had the correct number of spreads to print the booklet with the right settings for a saddle stitch. I decided on a saddle stitch in the end as it is the cheaper and faster option and as they are to be mass produced and sold for relatively cheap this was the best option. I added pages to the 'I' section which worked well in the end as it gave more chance for individuality. Another issue I had was the stock choice, I wanted a glossy cover with a matte inside however those types of stock weren't available for double sided printing. I settled with another stock of 120gsm as I was informed any thinner wouldn't have been ideal with image clarity and leaking to the other side however now considering this it would have been a good idea and in with the Glasto feel of recycling etc. With the paper stock being rather thick it caused issues for binding and cutting, the end product is a good shape and size with neat ends however some of the photos towards the start and end aren't full bleed whereas in the middle they are because the creep wasn't calculated properly.


No comments:

Post a Comment