Sunday 22 April 2018

505 - SB1 - Final Design and Production

 I initially wanted the background to be yellow like in the below design, however in terms of printing it wouldn't come out as bright and full as I would like, the other option would be to print onto yellow stock however this could effect the shades and intensity of the colours used, as well as change the photographs and leave no white space.


The final design idea was to have the steps and information on one side of the a2 sheet that folds into a booklet, and have a full poster on the other side. This however wasn't achievable when it came to the production, I encountered issues and wasn't able to print double sided, I therefore printed them separately to still show how they look a2 and a5.



I went for a matt finish as this is most relevant to an instruction manual, they are usually on dull cheap stock. The stock I ended up using didn't work as well as I had hoped as you can see below the card was thicker that I expected and therefore folding wasn't as neat and precise as I would have liked. 





Besides those issues it was successful, the colours are vibrant, text is very readable and photographs are high quality. I would print onto a3 if I were to do it again as I believe a5 for the booklet is too large.

No comments:

Post a Comment