Monday 10 December 2018

SB6: 10 - Anchor


Clothing line for the nautical lovers, products produced with recycled boat sail material
Features the iconic shape of an anchor
Colour outside of blue
Logo will be used on t-shirts, polos, pants, tags, all other types of apparel
Text is not required unless logo is part of the text


I decided to start by doing some visual research into all things nautical. 



I also had a search to see if there are clothing lines out there already in existence for nautical lovers. 



This company has gone for the obvious blue. This is the only company I could find that have a clothing line at the moment explicitly inspired by nautical.


I experimented with different styles of drawing to create anchor shapes, I did this using a drawing tablet and Adobe Illustrator.



I decided that the two styles above are the best of the bunch, they are fun and imperfect rather than being rigid and same old. As Anchor don't want the predictable blue, I played around with different colour combinations and shades. 



I decided that the green and purple worked best as a colour combination, both colours are close to blue on the colour wheel and could be associated with the maritime and nautical theme. Using one line that is thicker than the other makes the simple anchor drawing on its own, look more like a logo. 


Adding the rope gives the logo another layer that will help it be more memorable to customers. Above and below is further experimentation with different line weights and colours, I wanted to make sure that the final design was the best option and experimenting with small details was the way to do this. 



Below is the final logo, I am happy with how it turned out and am confident that I creatively thought outside of the box with a brief that had a number of constraints. 

No comments:

Post a Comment