Monday 28 November 2016

404 Study Task 01 - Development

I really like this photograph, it is of a street in Liverpool, at the back of night clubs and restaurants, it is a very grim and gloomy looking street yet the colours here are vast and vibrant. The street art in the bottom right shows some hope for the area, it isn't ready to go yet and bricks still have their colour, with moss over some of the flagstones showing growth. 

Although the task asks for a street in Leeds I thought I would look at one in Liverpool for contrast and so I can work out what kind of colour palette I want to work with. With these colours and scene in mind I decided to try and capture the beauty of Autumn in Leeds, with all of the warm reds, browns and oranges.


I believe this photograph accurately represents the change in the seasons, with the leaves on the floor and some trees with more foliage than others. The colour palette I have drawn from the photograph shows a great spectrum of colour, I wanted this as supposed to the Liverpool photograph containing mainly dull tones. The colour of autumn leaves is a phenomenon that effects normally green leaves for a few weeks in Autumn and something I am really interested in, similarly like when the blossom comes out. It gives us something different to look at and admire for a while in the natural world, where man made buildings rarely change their appearance.


No comments:

Post a Comment