Monday 7 November 2016

Studio Brief 02 - Digital Development 01

I have started to develop my typeface digitally to see where I can take it and what I can actually do in illustrator as I feel it is more restrictive than sketching at this point in my life (being new to illustrator). I decided to explore capital letters and see how it works as this was suggested to be more relevant to the context I described in my crit.


I typed out the alphabet in Bodoni on illustrator and added a second layer to add the changes so they can be shown and hidden to see differences. I wanted to be able to see if something was working and able to change it easily without messing up the whole glyph.



My aim was to make the serifs bracketed and more curved to create more of a flowing look throughout the letters in the font. I think I achieved this slightly with these alterations so I will continue with this alphabet before stopping to review what other changes I can make.



No comments:

Post a Comment