Friday 4 November 2016

Studio Brief 02 - Interim Crit (Formative Feedback)

For the crit we were asked to stick up all of the work we had so far up on the wall. In the crit we then presented what we had so far to the group and then got feedback from the tutor, this wasn't my favourite style of crit as it didn't feel very relaxed or beneficial as I didn't get much feedback from my peers, nor did I feel able to give advice to others in the setting. Although the act of sticking up all of your work and being able to reflect on it was useful as it made you realise what you had to show for the amount of time we have had. I believe the amount I had was reasonable but my tutor pointed out that one of the sheets could actually be about 10 sheets.


Feedback I did receive was that I should definitely go in the Bodoni direction and explore the use of serifs, it would work better in the context I explained - that of display type for high end brands/ magazines. It was also suggested that I should try capitals as they are more often used for the names of companies and brands.

No comments:

Post a Comment