Tuesday 22 November 2016

404 Study Task 01 - How Do You Read? - Colour Theory & Relativity

Pantone Your Street
We were introduced to our new module today and told about the study task we will do to start - it is a two week project due in on the 6th December however isn't an official submission. I really like the sound of this task as I am interested in colour and layout and have done colour picking from photographs in the past out of interest. One of the first things I need to look into for this task is the history and present use of Pantone, whether it is a good system or not, people's opinions of it and how it actually works. I will also research grid systems and book layouts to aid the design of my finished product which will be a folded book in a design of my choice, the book will include:
  • colour swatches
  • 250 words on joseph albers use of colour
  • 250 words on klein (blue)
  • 6 examples of kliens blue in graphic design
  • 100 words on pantone
  • 100 words on rgb v cmyk
  • 500 words on the use of colour in graphic design
  • research + images + evaluation of the colour group/harmonies/contrasts.
The first thing I will do though is look at interesting photographs I already have and how the colour palettes work and then take a photograph here in Leeds to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment