Wednesday 7 March 2018

503 - SB1 - Secret 7" Final Design and Evaluation

Final Design

I made a few changes to the piece before submitting to the website, deleting a few small objects and rounding some edges off to make for a more pleasing and smooth piece of artwork.

Rationale: This piece is full of subtle meaning, drawing from the song itself as well as influence from words spoken by the artist in interviews.

Evaluation

I really enjoyed doing this brief as there was a lot of freedom, with the fact the artwork shouldn't give too much away it allowed me to research further into the song and meaning and allowed me to produce some conceptual art, which I am not as used to however I believe I would enjoy doing a lot more of it. Although the piece is conceptual, once explained it does have meaning. This brief had a few restrictions, you weren't allowed to include the artists name or song name however I found this to be an aid in the design process. When it came to submitting the piece I struggled to make sure it was the right specifications needed to enter; I had designed in illustrator put struggled to export it from here as 300dpi whilst keeping it the right dimensions and colour mode (cmyk). I got there in the end with changing the dpi in preview and saving as a jpg to keep the correct colourway, as well as resampling to get the original size back with the correct bleed. Overall I have learnt how to use research effectively as well as incorporating the scanner and sticking with an original piece of work the whole way through no matter how bad it looked at the start, I managed to make something I am proud of in the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment