Monday 12 March 2018

503 - SB1 - Tea Development

As I decided to go with the last style I developed for the strawberries and cream flavour I had to create patterns for the peach and green rose flavours. I kept the style similar by using minimal colours and outlines of the drawings, along with variations of what is coloured in. I changed the strawberry pattern colours so that they weren't as similar to the peach as previous and also to reflect the cream aspect. 







Having designed the patterns that will go on each packaging I started to develop the layout and what colours  I would use, I went through a few different options colouring the text in the same shades as the pattern but ultimately thought to keep with brand recognition the logo and text should all be black with the pattern and background colour to differ the flavours. I also considered the use of white as the colour to keep the same however felt the black was more suited as well as capable of standing out more. The square designs are for the tops of the tins and whilst the different colours used represent the patterns/flavours they look a bit messy so decided on sticking to just the two colours. The layout of the squares is also slightly different to the initial ideas as the rectangle and loose leaf part didn't work with the length of the other flavours 'green rose' and 'peach' so a new layout worked more universally.



I wasn't sure on whether the pattern the whole way around was a bit much and didn't think I could decide by looking at it on a screen so decided to print out a few mockups. I then asked my peers for feedback on which they believed looked the best, the general consensus was just the sides. I appreciated the feedback however felt the pattern would be wasted only being on the sides as if they were all stacked facing forward on a shelf you wouldn't be able to see the design and immediately identify the flavour, although with saying this the brand would be more consistent forward facing as well as having a more luxury look. 



Still not being able to decide I printed out the other patterns in the variations to see if seeing them helped make the decision. As you can see below the pattern just on the sides works well with all 3 flavours therefore I am going to go with this option as my final development. The pattern just being on the sides is also I'd say the most classy/ luxury style, as discussed in research the packaging doesn't have to stand out massive amounts as long as it is recognisable with distinct features, which are delivered in the logo and patterns at the side of the tin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment